So you’ve decided that it’s time to invest in document control software. Document control software is a system that manages the life cycle of documents, meaning how they are created, shared, tracked, and destroyed. With so many options to choose from, it can be confusing to know which one is right for your business. Here are three key questions to ask yourself when choosing the best document control software.
Why You Need To Use Document Control Software
One of the most important things you can do to improve your productivity is to use document control software. This software will help you manage and track your documents, making it easier for you to work on them in a consistent manner. Here are some reasons why you need to use document control software:
- It will help you keep track of your work: With the help of document control software you can track the work. You will be able to see where each document is in the process and what needs to be done next. This will allow you to focus on completing tasks instead of trying to remember which documents need attention.
- It will save you time: Another big benefit of using document control software is that it will save you time. Managing your documents manually can be time-consuming, and using document control software will make the process much easier. You won’t have to spend hours tracking down information about a particular document or worrying about whether or not it has been saved correctly.
- It can help prevent errors: A common problem that people face when working with documents is making mistakes. By using document control software, you can avoid making these mistakes in the first place by having all of the relevant information at your fingertips. This will ensure that your work is accurate and error-free, which will lead to increased efficiency and better results overall.
How to Choose the Best Document Control Software
No matter what type of business you are in, having a good document control system is essential. The document control software can help you keep track of all your documents and make sure they are properly filed and archived. Here are some things to consider when choosing the best document control software:
Integrated filing system: One of the most important features of a good document control system is an integrated filing system. This means that the software can automatically organize your documents by category (e.g. projects, proposals, drawings, emails, etc.).
One of the most important features of a good document control system is an integrated filing system. This means that the software can automatically organize your documents by category (e.g. projects, proposals, drawings, emails, etc.). Ability to share files: Another important feature is the ability to share files with other people in your organization. This way, everyone can easily access and manage their documents from one place.
Another important feature is the ability to share files with other people in your organization. This way, everyone can easily access and manage their documents from one place. Automated tracking: Another vital feature is automated tracking of changes made to your documents. This way, you will always know which versions of a document exist and how many times it has been edited/amended/deleted.
Overall, there are many factors to consider when choosing the best document control software for your business. But by taking these into account, you should be able to find software that meets all your needs.
Which Software is Right For Your Business?
There is a variety of software that can be used for document control. The best software will allow you to manage your documents, create and edit files, track changes, and keep track of revisions. Some factors to consider when choosing a document control software include the type of documents being handled, the number of users required to use the system, pricing, and features offered.
Some popular document control software options include:
Microsoft Office 365: Office 365 is a cloud-based suite of applications that includes Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint. Office 365 offers a variety of features such as online collaboration, file-sharing capabilities, and mobile access. Office 365 is available in packages starting at $5 per user per month.
OneDrive: OneDrive is a storage service provided by Microsoft that allows users to store their files in the cloud. Files can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. OneDrive offers free storage for up to 5GB and then offers paid plans starting at $1 per month for more storage space.
SharePoint: SharePoint is an enterprise content management platform provided by Microsoft. SharePoint organizes information by using lists and columns which can be accessed by multiple users simultaneously. SharePoint is available in both on-premises and cloud-based versions. The on-premises version requires installation on a server while the cloud version can be installed on any computer with internet access.
What to Look For in a Document Control Software
When it comes to document control, there are a few key features you should look for in a software program.
First and foremost, the software should be able to handle your organization’s specific needs. For example, if your business relies on a variety of formats and file types, the program should be able to natively support those formats.
Second, you’ll want to make sure the software has robust automation capabilities. This means that you can easily send and manage documents from your computer without having to interact with the program manually.
Benefits of Using A Document Control Software
The document control software can help you keep track of your documents and reduce the time it takes to find, access, and use them. Some of the benefits of using document control software include:
- Improved efficiency: Document control software can improve your efficiency when you are working with documents because it can help you organize and manage them.
- Increased productivity: Using document control software can increase your productivity because it can help you work faster and more efficiently because you will not have to search for or track down documents.
- Reduced stress: Document control software can reduce stress levels because it will allow you to easily find and use your documents.
- Increased security: Document control software can help ensure that your documents are secure by helping you manage them and protect them from being lost or stolen.
The document control software can be a lifesaver when it comes to keeping your business organized and compliant. There are a lot of different options out there, so it can be daunting to figure out which one is right for you. The best way to find the right document control software is to do your research and then take the time to try out a few different options. Once you have found the perfect product for your needs, make sure to keep using it because it will save you time and money in the long run.