Do you want to start a career in personalization? Have you heard of sublimation printing and are thinking about starting a business with it? If that’s the case, this piece will address many of your questions.
The sublimation printing technology allows designs or images to be printed onto complex objects or polyester fabrics. This approach appeals to many people because of its simple learning process, minimal initial cost, and a vast selection of ready-to-sublimate materials with the best sublimation printer.
Process of Sublimation Printers:
There are only two steps to the sublimation process:
- Print your design/photo on a particular inkjet printer that you’ll only use for this procedure. It has to be outfitted with sublimation paper and inks.
- Use a heat press to impart heat to a surface that has been prepared for sublimation.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS TECHNIQUE INCLUDE:
- This is one of the few techniques that can print on rigid surfaces (mugs, photo slates, plates, clocks, etc.)
- It’s easy to learn and has a short learning curve (fast learning process).
- It comes in an infinite number of colors. Using four-color ink, you can create thousands of different colors (CMYK). When you add a new color to your design, there is no extra charge. As a result, printing images is a terrific choice.
- There’s no need to provide a minimum print run. The unit pricing is the same whether you personalize 1 or 1000 pieces.
- The printing is absorbed into the substrate and becomes a part of it after sublimation. Unlike transfer, You may complete your orders on the same day because it’s simple and quick.
Hundreds of goods are now available for sublimation. Some of them are the best sublimation printers, including mugs, plates, picture slates, wallets, flip flops, clothes, decorative items, and more. Paper, the outcome is undetectable to the touch, scratch-resistant, and color-fast. Visit https://skilledprint.com/
Drawbacks of Sublimation:
However, there are a few drawbacks:
- The fabric must be manufactured entirely of polyester or at least 2/3 polyester.
- Only goods with a specific polyester coating can be utilized on non-textile surfaces.
- A white or light-colored print area is required for sublimation items. Surfaces that are black or dark in color cannot be sublimated.
- If the item is permanently exposed to direct sunlight, it may lose color over time due to the action of UV radiation.
- Like all inkjet printers, the printheads can clog if they are not used frequently. As the outcome, it is advised that the printer be turned on at all times. Daily, it will clean them automatically.
The following factors limit the size of the printing: the image’s original resolution, which determines the maximum size it can be enlarged to; the measurements of the lower plate of the press.
If you’re new to the industry and are beginning from scratch, it’s a good idea to have a kit ready with everything you’ll need to start sublimating. In our Sublimation Packs category, you’ll find a variety of Best Sublimation Printer possibilities. You’ll also find all of the sublimation instructions, as well as several templates.