Welcome to the land of vibrant culture, scrumptious food, and awe-inspiring architecture! Yes, we are talking about India – a country that never ceases to amaze its visitors. But before you pack your bags and head towards Delhi, there is something you need to know – Indian Visa on Arrival. If you are planning a trip to Delhi anytime soon and wondering how to acquire an Indian visa on arrival hassle-free, then this guide has got everything covered for you! From eligibility criteria to the application process and document requirements, keep reading as we take you through everything in detail. So let’s delve into the world of visa formalities and make your travel experience smooth sailing! Indian Visa on Arrival in Delhi
Introduction to Indian Visa on Arrival
Assuming that you are talking about the Visa on Arrival for Indian citizens, it is a very simple process. You just have to fill out an online application form and submit it along with the required documents. The visa will be processed and delivered to you within a few days.
The main advantage of availing this facility is that you don’t have to visit the embassy or consulate of India in your country. This saves you a lot of time and money. Moreover, it is a very convenient option for those who are traveling on short notice.
Another benefit of opting for Visa on Arrival is that you can stay in India for up to 60 days. This is much longer than the standard tourist visa, which allows you to stay for only 30 days. So, if you are planning to explore the country extensively, this is the ideal option for you.
However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind while applying for Visa on Arrival in Delhi. First and foremost, make sure that your passport has at least six months’ validity from the date of your travel. Secondly, carry all the required documents with you at the time of application. And lastly, pay the visa fee online before arriving in Delhi.
What is an Indian Visa on Arrival?
An Indian Visa on Arrival (VoA) is a visa that allows foreign nationals of certain countries to enter India for tourism or business purposes without having to obtain a visa in advance from an Indian consulate or embassy. The VoA can be obtained at select airports in India and is valid for 60 days from the date of arrival.
To be eligible for a VoA, travelers must have a passport with at least six months of remaining validity and a return ticket booked. They must also have proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay in India, as well as a letter from their employer if they are traveling for business purposes. Indian Visa for Chile Citizens
Once in India, travelers with a VoA are allowed to visit any of the country’s tourist destinations, as well as participate in business meetings and conferences. However, the VoA does not allow for employment or paid internships.
Eligibility Requirements for Indian Visa on Arrival
To be eligible for a Visa on Arrival in India, you must:
-Hold a passport from one of the following countries: Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea or Switzerland.
-Have an e-Visa confirmation.
-Have at least 6 months remaining on your passport from the date of arrival in India.
-Have proof of return travel.
-Be arriving at one of the following airports: Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai or Thiruvananthapuram.
How to Apply for Indian Visa on Arrival in Delhi?
If you’re planning to travel to India, you may be wondering if it’s possible to apply for an Indian visa on arrival in Delhi. The good news is that it is! Here’s everything you need to know about applying for an Indian visa on arrival in Delhi:
- You will need to have a valid passport and an onward or return ticket.
- You will need to fill out an online application form and pay the visa fee.
- You will then need to print out the confirmation page of your online application and bring it with you when you travel to Delhi.
- When you arrive in Delhi, go to the Visa on Arrival desk at the airport and present your passport, confirmation page, and onward or return ticket.
- You will then need to complete a biometric enrollment process, which includes having your fingerprints and photo taken.
- Once your biometric enrollment is complete, you will be issued a 30-day visa which can be extended for up to 60 days.
Documents Required for an Indian Visa on Arrival
- Passport with at least six months of remaining validity and two blank pages
- Completed and signed Visa Application Form
- Two passport-size photographs
- Copy of return flight itinerary or e-ticket confirmation
- Copy of hotel reservation confirmation or other proof of accommodation in India
- Supporting documents for the purpose of your trip, such as a business letter for business travelers, student ID for students, etc.
- Visa fee (paid in cash or credit card)
Processing Time for an Indian Visa on Arrival
Assuming you are talking about the e-Visa, it takes 3-4 days for the visa to be processed. The time may vary depending on the nationality of the applicant.
Steps Involved in the Process of Obtaining an Indian Visa on Arrival in Delhi
- The first step is to check if you are eligible for an Indian Visa on Arrival in Delhi. You can do this by visiting the official website of the Government of India’s Ministry of Home Affairs.
- If you are eligible, the next step is to fill out the online application form. This form can be found on the official website of the Government of India’s Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Once you have submitted the online application form, you will need to pay the visa fee. The visa fee can be paid online or through a physical bank branch.
- After paying the visa fee, you will need to submit your passport and other required documents to the Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC). The address and contact information for the IVAC can be found on the official website of the Government of India’s Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Once your documents have been received and processed by the IVAC, you will need to appear for an interview at the Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC). During this interview, you will be asked questions about your travel plans and purpose of visit to India.
- If your application is approved, you will receive an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) via email within 72 hours. This ETA authorizes you to travel to India and stay for up to 60 days from the date of arrival in India.
Cost of India
As of September 2019, the cost of an Indian visa on arrival for US citizens is $60. The cost for UK citizens is £87. For Canadian citizens, the cost is C$120. The cost for Australian citizens is AU$153.