Sacramento has something for everyone, and with kids in tow, there’s no shortage of things to do. From the fun and exciting attractions found in the city to the countless activities available outdoors, there’s plenty for the whole family to enjoy. In this blog post, we’ve put together a list of fun things to do with kids in Sacramento. If you’re looking for something new and exciting to do with your children this summer, be sure to check out these ideas!
Have a picnic in the park
If you’re looking for fun things to do with kids in Sacramento, consider visiting one of the city’s many parks! Not only are they great spots for a picnic, but they also offer plenty of popular attractions such as playgrounds, ponds, and jogging trails. If you’re feeling ambitious, try hiking one of the nearby mountain ranges!
Go to the movies
Looking for something fun to do with the kids in Sacramento? Check out some of our top picks! Whether you’re looking for a family-friendly movie night or an afternoon of bowling, we’ve got you covered.
- Go to the movies: There’s no better way to spend a Saturday night than by taking the family to see their favorite movie. In Sacramento, there are plenty of great options to choose from, including blockbuster hits like Star Wars and The Avengers as well as new releases like Jurassic World and Inside Out.
- Catch a show at the local theater: If movies aren’t your thing, why not head to the local theater for a show? Shows for both children and adults are available all across town, so there’s definitely something for everyone. And who knows? You might even catch a celebrity performance while you’re at it!
Play catch in the backyard
If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to spend some quality time with the kids, playing catch is always a great option. In Sacramento, there are plenty of yards that offer nice and spacious areas perfect for a game of catch. Here are five fun things to do with the kids while playing catch:
- Set up a basic ballfield in your backyard and have everyone try to hit the ball into the other person’s outfield.
- Make it more challenging by having players run around the bases after hitting the ball.
- Have players alternate turns throwing the ball to each other.
- Create different obstacle courses in your outfield, such as a race track or set of stairs, in order to make catching difficult.
- Have one player designated as “catcher” and have them attempt to keep all of the balls in their infield while their teammates try to score points by stealing bases or getting hits off of pitcher throws.
Go for a bike ride
Looking to get out and have some fun with the kids in Sacramento? Here are some great suggestions for things to do during your next bike ride:
- Check out the awesome trails in Citrus Heights or Roseville.
- Ride down American River Parkway and take in all of the beautiful scenery.
- Take a spin around McClellan Park or go for a long ride on the riverfront trail system in downtown Sacramento.
- Head to Folsom Lake for a hike or bike ride through its scenic surroundings.
- Take a trip down memory lane at Oak Park, one of Sacramento’s oldest neighborhoods that still retains much of its Victorian charm.
Take a hike in the mountains
If you’re looking for a fun thing to do with the kids in Sacramento, take a hike in the mountains! There are plenty of great hikes nearby, and each one offers a different view. If you’re feeling ambitious, try visiting some of the more challenging trails. Or if you just want to enjoy some peaceful time outdoors, go for a simple walk around the park. Either way, your family will have a blast!
Swimming is a great activity to do with the kids in Sacramento. There are plenty of swimming areas where you and your family can enjoy a day out together.
Some of the best swimming areas in Sacramento include:
The American River – This river is a great place for families to go swimming because it’s wide and has plenty of obstacles for children to play on.
Lake Natoma – Lake Natoma offers beautiful scenery and excellent swimming conditions. The lake is also home to several boat ramps that make it easy for parents to get their children into the water.
McClellan Park – McClellan Park offers a wide variety of activities, including tennis courts, basketball courts, and a playground that’s perfect for young children. Swimming is also available at this park, making it an ideal spot for a family day out.
Have a cookout at the park
Looking for something fun to do with the kids in Sacramento? Check out our list of fun things to do with the family at the park! Whether you’re looking for a picnic spot, playgrounds, or a game of catch, we’ve got you covered.
1) Have a cookout at the park! Bring your favorite food and drinks and enjoy some quality time together outdoors.
2) Head to the park’s playgrounds for some fun on the swings, slides, and climbing structures.
3) Grab a Frisbee or ball and take a turn playing catch in the park.
4) Play tag or hide-and-seek amongst the trees.
5) If there’s an interactive exhibit nearby that interests the kiddos, check it out! From carousels to trains to playhouses, there are plenty of options close by when you want to make sure they have a good time.
Make homemade pizzas
Making your own pizzas is a great way to get the family together and have some fun. Here are some easy recipes to get you started:
-Pepperoni Pizza: Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spread a single layer of dough on a baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with shredded pepperoni and diced tomatoes. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
-Cheesy Bacon Ranch Pizza: Follow the pepperoni pizza recipe, but top each cheese-stuffed crust with crumbled bacon, diced tomatoes, and chopped fresh herbs. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.
Play video games
There are plenty of fun things to do with the kids in Sacramento, whether you want to take them to a theme park, go on a family adventure, play video games, or find something new and exciting. Here are just a few ideas:
Attend a Children’s Museum: The Children’s Museum of Northern California is one of the best places in the area for kids of all ages. There are exhibits that focus on different areas of science and nature as well as fun activities like interactive exhibits and workshops.
Take the Kids to an Amusement Park: There are many amusement parks in Sacramento that offer rides, games, restaurants, and more. Some popular choices include Kings Island and Knott’s Berry Farm.
Visit an Aquarium: If you’re looking for something different to do with the kids, consider visiting an aquarium. Many have interesting exhibits that can fascinate children of all ages. Some favorites include the Monterey Bay Aquarium and Discovery Science Center.
Take a Drive Out To The Coast: One great way to spend a day with the kids is going out for a drive along the coast. You can stop at any number of beautiful beaches or visit some charming towns along the way.